For a limited time, Sisterhood Agenda is offering FREE magazines and FREE shipping for all A Journey Toward Womanhood Curriculum Guide and Student Manual orders.
During this special promotion, each A Journey Toward Womanhood order will include:
* A Journey Toward Womanhood Curriculum Guide (for teachers)
* A Journey Toward Womanhood Student Manual (for participants)
* Two printed issues of Sisterhood Agenda Magazine
* Support and consulting services for A Journey Toward Womanhood implementation
* Free shipping What is A Journey Toward Womanhood? Specifically designed for girls of African descent ages 12-17, A Journey Toward Womanhood builds and maintains healthy self-esteem, instills cultural pride and self-appreciation, teaches life and social skills for self-sufficiency and discourages teen pregnancy, STD’s including HIV/AIDS, juvenile delinquency, school dropout, and drug abuse.
Researched and evaluated for over 10 years, some of the results are:
1. Rates of sexual activity were significantly higher among non-participants (70%) than participants (27%).
2. Participants were less likely to get pregnant as teenagers than non-participants.
3. A Journey Toward Womanhood participants were significantly more likely than non-participants to show positive behaviors, an importance of heritage, and ethnic pride.
4. Participants missed fewer days of school.
Participants say: “I believe any young lady under the age of 21 should attend the A Journey Toward Womanhood program.” “Many girls feel like they can’t talk to their parents so we talk to our teacher/mentors.” “The A Journey Toward Womanhood program has helped me to understand my African heritage.” “This program has taught me how to carry myself as a young Black woman.” “I love A Journey Toward Womanhood because the teacher/mentors helped me to work out a lot of my problems.”
Parents say: “The A Journey Toward Womanhood program really opened my daughter up a lot.” “I have truly witnessed a positive change in my daughter.” “My daughter would have never completed the program without the help of her teacher/mentors.” “Working with girls as a liaison, my girls left other programs without finishing them. A Journey Toward Womanhood is the first that the girls had ever completed.” “A Journey Toward Womanhood is a wonderful program that changed my daughter’s life.”
For more information , visit: http://www.sisterhoodagenda.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1&category_id=2&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=19&vmcchk=1&Itemid=19. www.sisterhoodagenda.com