Here are some interesting and thought-provoking articles from around the AfroSphere to share:
- A difference in African and African-American attitudes on racism in America: “Could African-Americans Learn From Africans?“
- The Field Negro defends his support of the State of Israel: “Still in the fields: And I have some Jewish friends with me“
- Brotherpeacemaker on President-elect Obama’s support for Israel in it’s current conflict with the Palestinians of Gaza: “Who will Empathize With The Children Of Gaza“
- National Black Republican Association response to the Saltsman-Obama controversy: “Francis Rice commentary: Obama The Magic Negro“
- Mychal Massie on the farce that is Kwanzaa and how it has now become as commercialized as Christmas: Fleecing the Flock
Hello Everyone and welcome to the Second AfroSpear Carnival on Religion.
Two brave souls so far have dipped into this subject with honesty and clarity.
First, Femigog @Sable Eklectik lets loose with righteous truth in “Carnival of Faith.”
Then, we have DJ Black Adam in counterpoint to Femigog, providing his analysis with “Is Christianity the White Man’s Religion?”
The AfroSpear is a diverse Universe. These are but two opinions among many. We look forward to hearing far more, as well as a frank discussion of whether or not religion – including Islam, etc – can be part of liberatory process for our people.
Ensayn dissects the roots of what we refer as Christianity in “Krst root of Christ.”
Asabagna reflects on “What Really Matters” in regards to religion and negritude.
The Freeslave rambles on “Religion: What is it good for?”
brotherpeacemaker enlists the Borg collective for an assimilationist perspective of religion in “Resistance is futile”
I read a very interesting post by a blogger named Pommygranite, via Kizzie’s page. His post was entitled: “Why are Jews So Successful?” Some of the comments were indeed thought-provoking, and I will share a couple which I felt were worth further consideration and discussion as it relates to Africans in the diaspora.